Regional Operations Director
Salary: £65,000 - £70,000 plus car allowance, bonus and benefits
Our client is a successful, route-based logistics business providing solutions and products to a wide range of clients nationally. As part of their growth strategy, they are looking to identify a Regional Operations Director for the Midlands area.
The experienced individual will be accountable for developing and delivering long term operational and strategic plans, providing leadership to an operational service team and managing medium to long term projects. With a focus on quality assurance and exceptional service, the Regional Operations Director will play an essential role in maintaining a highly effective operation and meeting the needs of customers by delivering best-in-class service across the region.
Key responsibilities will include:
* Implementing operational plans that will improve performance across the region and develop it for future growth, working with various stakeholders across the business
* Successfully leading, coaching and developing their team
* Pro-actively reviewing and planning strategies to maximise network service and ensure successful implementation
* Working within budgetary criteria to ensure cost efficiency across the business unit
* Contributing to the development of operating budgets and plans
* Liaising with the Senior Leadership Team to resource and succession plan, assessing volumes, revenues and to help future-proof the region
* Developing operational teams and drive the people agenda to ensure efficiency and excellence
* Applying broad functional, business and industry knowledge to continuously improve operational processes
* Lead on the development of standardised systems and processes
* Drive improvement in performance across the network by working with operational leadership teams to improve and maintain agreed performance measures
* Identify and solve complex operational and organisational problems by leveraging the appropriate resources within or outside the department
* Ensure Health and Safety compliance within the region and that standards are maintained
* Motivate and develop each team to be accountable for right first-time approach and exceptional customer service
* Be a role model and champion best practice throughout operations
The successful candidate will require the following:
* Previous experience of working in a regional capacity and managing multiple sites across a region
* Experience in managing a growing operation and team
* Customer-centric service background
* Previous background managing P&L's and implementation of improvement strategies
* Experience and knowledge of a route-based logistics business
* A valid UK driving licence and be willing to travel as required across the region and wider UK.
If you are a seasoned Regional Operations Director and have experience of managing a team in a route-based business, we would like to hear from you. Please send your CV in a Word format, quoting reference 96/183/LT/EL. Please give details of your current remuneration package and availability and if your application is of interest, one of our Consultants will be in touch. We regret we cannot take telephone enquiries relating to this vacancy, due to the high level of responses expected.