Role Title: Business Unit Director
Salary: £70,000 - £90,000 plus excellent benefits
Location: Midlands/Bedfordshire - Hybrid
Our client, a leading Supply-Chain solutions business with a “world-class” end-to-end distribution strategy, is looking to attract a highly motivated and experienced Business Unit Director to take responsibility for developing and building their government contract portfolio.
Reporting to the Operations Director, this high-profile role will see you take accountability for relationships with key government agencies, acting as a conduit between the strategic vision and the operational execution. With clear accountability for identifying and developing opportunities for profitable growth, you will engage in a high level of client interaction and drive innovative continuous improvement across the operational portfolio.
- Developing strong relationships with key stakeholders within the government contract portfolio
- Understanding the business goals, challenges, and future growth ambitions to offer innovative solutions that meet both immediate and future needs
- Identifying opportunities for account growth, expansion, and optimisation
- Collaborating with commercial teams to maintain and expand access to the market via frameworks, including proactive mapping and identifying new opportunities
- Working with legal and finance teams to negotiate and finalise current and future contracts ensuring mutually beneficial terms
- Serving as the primary point of contact for enquiries, concerns, and escalations
- Participating in regular client reviews to articulate current performance, discuss challenges, and provide improvement solutions
- Developing and implementing strategic account plans for clients to maximise long-term value
- Staying abreast of industry trends, client needs, and competitive offerings to inform strategic planning
- Collaborating with internal teams including operations, customer service, and commercial to ensure the smooth execution of services and delivery of exceptional client experiences
- Experience at a senior level within a similar environment. Direct experience in government contracts, pharma or healthcare logistics would be highly advantageous
- Demonstrable strategic and commercial acumen with strong influencing and negotiating skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the gravitas to build relationships quickly, engage and influence senior stakeholders and clients
- A solution-focused individual, with a constant drive to improve performance with a bias towards action and the ability to get things done
- Enthused by creating and delivering purpose and outcomes, challenging environments, and business transformation
If this sounds of interest please send your CV in Word format, quoting reference 32107/LT/LTZ detailing your current remuneration package and availability. If your application is of interest, one of our consultants will be in touch.
We regret that due to the high volume of responses, only those candidates who are progressing to the next stage will be contacted.